You Can Potentially Sell Your SRECs for Cash
Quick and seamless setup
Flexible payment schedules
Work with a trusted industry leader
Quick and seamless setup
Flexible payment schedules
Work with a trusted industry leader
Through Pink Energy’s partnership with Carbon Solutions Group (CSG), we have the chance to give customers like you the opportunity to monetize the environmental attributes of the electricity generated by your solar system through Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs). Learn more below.
SRECs are, or will be, generated by your solar array for every MWh that your system produces. These credits only represent the environmental attributes of the power you product, and CSG is not seeking to purchase the power itself. For a more detailed explanation of SRECS follow this link.
We have partnered with CSG to make this process as east as possible for solar owners. CSG will take information about your system and provide you with a customized contract proposal.
Contract proposals are emailed via DocuSign straight to your email and include all the payment structure options available to you with transparent pricing. Please review and select your preferred payment schedule. If you have any questions about the proposals or the SREC process please do not hesitate to contact CSG.
Once your contract has been signed, CSG will register or transfer your system as necessary. System owners may need to grant CSG access to online meter reads or submit meter readings to CSG’s website. You will be contacted with instructions if required. If you do not have online monitoring and will be self-reporting, CSG will email you a link and login instructions for entering your system’s solar production which may be entered monthly, but must be entered at least once per quarter. Once CSG receives your first meter reading or have access to your online metering payment will be initiated based on your selected payout structure, and CSG will handle all SREC sales and generation for the term of the contract.
Carbon Solutions Group (CSG) is an Aggregator of SRECs across the US. CSG has been working in the renewable credit industry for over 15 years. Their focus is on helping solar array owners monetize their Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). CSG partners with local installers to create a seamless offering that gives you options with regard to how and when you receive the value generated by the SRECs from your array.
Carbon Solutions Group is a Distributed Energy Resources business founded in Chicago in 2006 on the 42nd Floor (The Attic) of the Chicago Board of Trade. Today CSG has offices in Chicago, San Diego & Portland. Over the years environmental markets have taken CSG to some pretty unexpected places and allowed CSG to gain a perspective that most companies in the space don’t have. CSG has gained this experience by trying new ideas constantly, failing a lot, connecting with people, being authentic, paying attention to details and grinding it out. CSG’s history has been the road less traveled in the clean energy space, but they’ve still got the ambitious belief that they did back in 2006 that together they are building something unique and something great.
SRECs are, or will be, generated by your solar array for every MWh that your system produces. These credits only represent the environmental attributes of the power you produce, and CSG is not seeking to purchase the power from the system itself.
For clarification, CSG does not buy solar generation but rather the green attributes that your system production represents. You will retain all energy production. What CSG buys is the Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs). Think of SRECs as certificates that represent that 1 MWh of solar energy was produced.
Your power bill is unaffected by SRECs. SRECs are "Solar Renewable Energy Credits" and they represent the environmental attributes of the power that you produce. You will not see any changes on your utility bill.A: Selling your SRECs has no impact on Net Metering. You can participate in both Net Metering and sell SRECs at the same time. This is because Net Metering has to do with excess energy production, whereby you can receive a credit from your electricity supplier. SRECs are solely the environmental attributes, so if you use all of your production, or put all of it back on the grid for others to consume, it has no impact on your SREC production or ability to sell them. SREC brokering and Net Metering are separate incentive programs that allow solar owners to make back money.
Selling your SRECs has no impact on Net Metering. You can participate in both Net Metering and sell SRECs at the same time. This is because Net Metering has to do with excess energy production, whereby you can receive a credit from your electricity supplier. SRECs are solely the environmental attributes, so if you use all of your production, or put all of it back on the grid for others to consume, it has no impact on your SREC production or ability to sell them. SREC brokering and Net Metering are separate incentive programs that allow solar owners to make back money.
Depending on the contract option you select, CSG will either offer a fixed price with fees already worked in (these prices offered are below market value), or if you select market based-price, then CSG charges a commission (usually 7-10% depending on system size) which is deducted from your payments. There are no upfront or hidden fees in any of the contract options.
You are not required to sell your SRECs, or participate with Carbon Solutions if you decide to sell, but depending on your system size and the contract that you should you may qualify for an upfront payment of $500-$2500 or annual payments that vary with the market price. If you do agree to a contract, then you would be agreeing to provide meter readings from your array on a consistent basis for the term of your contract. Online monitoring may satisfy this requirement so that you do not have to constantly send these to CSG.
1. Pink Energy’s 12 Months on Us Offer. New customers only. Purchase agmt req’d. Before rebate cost varies on system chosen. Min. after-install rebate is $2,500. Actual rebate varies depending on system & initial 12 mnths. of payments (or, for non-financed purchases, equivalent value as if financing used, as reasonably calculated by us). You are still responsible for paying your monthly loan to your lender. Rebate not applied toward your loan by us. Allow 6-8 wks. after install for processing. Can’t combine with other offers.
2. Avail. w/ approv. credit. Must be 18+ / homeowner. Contact us for add’l details.
3. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery config. No assurances can be given that the solar system or battery will always work. You should never rely upon either to power life support or other medical devices.
4. Actual results will vary on various factors. Results are not guaranteed.
5. To qualify, you must have federal income tax liability at least equal to the value of the tax credit. Tax credits are subject to change / termination. We make no guarantees regarding eligibility for any tax credits. We do not provide tax advice. Contact your personal tax advisor for eligibility requirements.
6. Restrictions/exclusions may apply. For complete details, see a copy of our installer limited warranty in your purchase agreement or for product warranties, visit the listed manufacturer’s website. Add’l details avail. upon request.
7. Based on proper use and installation of the SMARTPWR360°™ energy efficiency package (the “EEP”). The EEP estimates are based on a “typical” U.S. home’s current consumption that does not utilize any of the EEP’s energy efficiency components. Company established a typical home using baseline assumptions published by the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® program. We say “up to 25%” since: (1) homes vary; (2) a home may not have all (or some) of the characteristics of a typical home; and (3) to illustrate that the potential reduction will depend on various factors. This estimate is based on publicly-available industry data and/or each manufacturer’s own information and is not independently verified or tested by us. Consumption, savings and results of the EEP will vary and are not guaranteed by us.
8. Net metering and similar excess or buyback programs and participation vary by location and utility provider, and are subject to change from time to time. We do not make any guarantees. Check with your utility provider for details.